Mission of the Hospice Workforce Emergency Support fund is to support hospice workforce needs in the wake of an emergency event. Examples of support could include post-event funding for a hospice staff member’s childcare, shelter, groceries, etc., or assistance with purchasing of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
WHO CAN APPLY?
- NHPCO provider members
- Individual hospice staff may apply for support through their organization
- Hospice providers may apply for funds to support their hospice workforce
(Optional) State associations assesses needs on the ground and provides feedback to NHPCO.
Funds are distributed to the provider member.
- Individual award – up to $1,000
- Provider award – up to $5,000 (up to $2,500 for PPE)
Levels of award will be determined by the NHPCO Emergency Response Team on a case-by-case basis.
Applications will be reviewed by NHPCO within 2 business days.
Funds will be awarded within 3-5 days of application approval date.
FOLLOW-UP WITH PROVIDER
- NHPCO will check in with member that received a grant.
- The provider is responsible for collecting receipts, completing the accounting report, and returning any unused funds within 60 days of using the grant.
Member will also provide any stories, photos, statements, and feedback as appropriate.
Donate online to support this important work. It’s not always possible to know when a disaster may strike, but donations made now ensure that NHF can provide support to hospice and palliative care providers and their staff when it is needed most.