For Immediate Release:
October 14, 2010
(Alexandria, VA) – Thank you to everyone who joined us in San Diego to celebrate the important work of FHSSA at “From San Diego to Africa.” With 200 guests and great weather, the event was hugely successful. Conference attendees, board members, and special guests mingled, danced, and bid on the over 100 auction items, which included authentic African treasures and a safari trip in South Africa.
An exclusive VIP was held for top level sponsors with a beer tasting from Stone Brewing Co. At this event, guests learned about and sampled beers not available to the public.
As guests began moving to the Tiki Pavilion for the main event, they were greeted with the sounds of Sene Africa. Originally from Senegal and gaining much recognition in the San Diego area, they played the drums, guitar, and a traditional African kora.
A program began with FHSSA President and CEO Donald Schumacher, made remarks about FHSSA’s work and accomplishments. His presentation was followed by the awarding of FHSSA’s Spirit of Compassion Award to Endo Pharmaceuticals. This award recognizes individuals or organizations whose leadership, philanthropic commitment, and generosity support the mission and vision of FHSSA. Endo Pharmaceuticals has had a major impact on pain relief in six African countries through its financial support and outstanding leadership of FHSSA’s Pain Management Initiative.
FHSSA is grateful for all of the following sponsors for their generous support.
- Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP)
- Gilchrist Hospice Care
- The Elizabeth Hospice
- Hospice Pharmacia
- Hospice of the Western Reserve
- The Denver Hospice
- San Diego Hospice and The Institute for Palliative Medicine
- Hospice of Siouxland
- VITAS Healthcare Corporation
- Arbor Hospice
- Bob and Joanne Clarke
- Hope Healthcare Services
- Hospice and Community Care Insurance Services
- Hospice of the Valley, California
- Infinity Hospice
- Jeannee Parker Martin/The Corridor Group
- Galen Miller and Bob Ward
- Mark Murray
- National Association of Social Workers Foundation (NASW)
- Outcome Resources
- Polly Rehnwall
- J. Donald Schumacher, PsyD
- Suncoast Hospice and Suncoast Solutions
- Mark Bellamy/Mumms Software/Secure Computing
- Gretchen Brown
- John Feather
- Patricia Gibbons
- Cathy Gibney
- Home Healthcare Solutions
- Becky McDonald
- Steve Parsons
- SueAnn M. Reynolds
- Deanne Sayles
- Christine Swann
- Wells Consulting Services
In Kind Partners
- CCR Events
- Lions Wines LLC
- John Mastrojohn III and Mike Davids
- Stone Brewing Co.
- Town and Country Resort & Conference Center