For Immediate Release:
February 27, 2013
Charity Bibs Available for Runners Raising Funds for Hospice
(Alexandria, VA) – The National Hospice Foundation’s Run to Remember® program can help runners interested in raising funds for hospice secure a coveted entry spot in either of two marathons next fall. The Bank of America Chicago Marathon will be held on October 13, 2013, and the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, DC will take place on October 27, 2013.
“We are so pleased to make these spaces available to passionate hospice supporters who want to honor the memory of a loved one and raise funds for the National Hospice Foundation and a local hospice at the same time,” said John Mastrojohn, executive director of NHF.
As part of Run to Remember, participants receive support and encouragement in training and raising funds, as they work to meet their race goals and their fundraising commitment of $1,000.
Each participant in either of these marathons receives:
- A high-tech Run to Remember running shirt suitable for race day, printed with the name of loved one(s) on the back
- Full online training and fundraising support
- An individual fundraising web page to customize with a photograph and a story, to make fundraising easy
- The opportunity to direct 50% of fundraising efforts to the local hospice program of their choice
- Emails packed with fundraising tips, training advice, inspirational support, and encouraging experiences to keep you on the path to marathon success
- Pre-race reception
For more information about how to register for these races, visit:
You are also welcome to email Susan Messina with questions: email@example.com.